Bobby and Ri: Books, Life and Love.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Answers for Ri #2

A: My room is my sanctuary, it is small but I make the most of the space. Some time ago I had a choice - to record in my bedroom or to sleep in my studio - I chose the latter, as such my surrounds reflect my focus, decorated in inspirational music studio, hippy decor: indian throw on the wall, full of purples & dancing elephants; persian rugs partially covering wooden floorboards; incense is regularly burnt - this month's flavour is "Fantasy" - and every night just after dusk hits, the fairy lights that line my ceiling activate. I sleep under the stars every night, where I am buoyed by these.
A: My favourite meal changes with the seasons. Currently it is a salad of mine and a friend's creation: baby spinach; grape tomatoes; cukes; bambini bocconcini; soft roast chicken breast; avocado; black olives; jalepenos; cashews; balsamic dressing; with a side of bruschettini. I've played with the recipe, swapping out & adding or removing ingredients, but when prepared as listed above it has the perfect balance of flavours, so one doesn't overpower the other. Part of this being my favourite meal is the health benefit received. As a last meal, health would no longer be a consideration, nor would suffering any adverse effects from eating, as such I would choose my own signature dish: butter chicken. While regular butter chicken contains around 25% fat, mine is closer to 50%, though I've never had that confirmed, I do know that it is at least 50% more delicious. NB: there would be no "filler" (aka rice), just minimal chicken and gourds of gravy.
A: Sometime into my 3rd decade I gained perspective on how much estimated time I had left. I took stock of what I had accomplished in the time already spent and refocused every aspect of my life: mind; body; spirit. Since that time, I have appreciated every day so much more and live with a joie de vivre I had not experienced since childhood. While still basically the same person I've always been, within the last 4-5 years I have grown immensely spiritually, my body is in the best shape it has ever been, and I have poured fuel on my thirst for knowledge, and specifically books - which has intensified with the increased energy levels as a result of the whole. If I die tomorrow, I will go out with the knowledge that I made the absolute most of my time here. The end is always partially in mind, but it's the journey that is my primary focus.
A: ...and you know you choose your fate
but you can't trick destiny, because
it will get you in the end
A: Fate & destiny have been especially topical for me within the last year. Much enlightenment, many choices and  important decisions, some of my own, some at the whim of others.

Wherein fates meet.

A: Destiny is just that: if it's meant to happen it will happen, no matter how much you fight it. As sure as the Sun sails through the sky each day.

PS I loved this questionnaire =)

Much love from the high seas,
blackbeard bobby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment